3rd June 2015 | posted in Shaftesbury News
In addition to what has been covered in the newsletter.
National Care Home Open Day – 19.6.15
Theme this year – The Arts and Valuing Staff
Between 2-3pm we will:-
- Have live traditional music.
- Adult and child colouring-in competition.
- Art gallery of local schoolchildren’s work.
- Art & Craft try out room.
- Award ceremony for long serving staff.
Making the Home more Dementia friendly
Our plans include:-
- Creating “Destination Areas” at the end of corridors.
- Decorating units in dementia friendly colours.
- Providing colour contrast table settings.
- Pictorial menus.
- Pictorial meeting and event posters.
- Creating a Dementia Garden.
- Providing a meal 24 hours a day.